Thursday, April 19, 2012

Night of the Stars Winners

Each year teaches nominate great writing from their class to be a part of the Geiger Bros. and Montello celebration known as Night of the Stars. 
"The annual celebration is an Oscar-style awards ceremony recognizing the most talented young writers from among Montello Elementary School's more than 750 kindergarten through sixth-grade students. Honored writers will arrive in stretch limousines, provided by Crown Limousine Service, from 5 to 6 p.m., followed by a two-hour award ceremony in the middle school auditorium. The event is free and open to the public."- Sun Journal 2010


Out of the 5 writers nominated from our class, 2 were chosen for this special event. So our class would like to extend a big congratulations to Daniel and Maha!!
From Your Pumping Heart
by Maha A.
Dear Nasra,
Try to eat some more turkey Italians instead of only cheese.
If you don't have a healthy hear, there will be fat o it. You could get a heart attack! I would stop working! I could get tired of pumping blood becasue of the fatty food. 
Do you want fat on your heart? Do you want a heart attack? Keep your heart healthy! Try some milk, whole grain, turkey, and fruits and vegetables. Don't forget exercise! 
                                                                                             Sincerely,
                                                                                             Your Pumping Heart


Inside Yabeth
by Daniel E.
"Mmmmmmmmmmmmm chocolate. I think I will take another big bite. Oh no! I think I started to shrink to the size of a chip." Devon laughed at me and then I shrunk him with my shrink ray. "That's what you get for laughing at me," said Daniel. We climbed in the chip bag lying on the floor. Yabeth reached into the bag and scooped us up. He tossed us into his mouth. His mouth was dark and slimy. His mouth was full of chips. He swallowed us into his esophagus. It pushed us into his stomach. We saw hamburgers, cookies, and chips. It smelled like cookies. Devon screamed "I want food!" I yelled, "Let's get out of here!" Clap, clap, clappity clap. Poof! We landed in my room. We did our secret handshake and escaped. Then we ate supper. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! Hope you are proud of yourselves, Keep up the great work everyone and EnJoy!!

    ReplyDelete