Saturday, March 2, 2013

Class Literacy Blog

I have developed a second blog for our class that will be run mostly by the students. I am taking a course towards my Masters degree called Digital Literacies and I am learning about new ways to incorporate technology into the classroom and I have learned so many new things I want to practice with my students.

The most interesting thing I have learned so far is how to use blogging in the classroom, with the students, to increase literacy learning. The blogs can be used for reading responses, publishing writing, and keeping families informed and involved. I would love to try working with my class for this last trimester of third grade in developing our literacy skills even further using the literacy blog. I think that they will be very excited about it and I think the blog has the potential to rejuvenate our reading and writing workshop time. 

I encourage you to participate in our class literacy blog as well as your children. In my course work we have discussed the idea of the authentic digital audience and I know your children will love having parents and other family members, as well as their classmates reading and commenting on their writing and reading thinking. Also no need to worry about strangers or outsiders getting into the class literacy blog, I have set it to be password protected so that only family, friends of family, and school staff will be able to participate in our online learning. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment